The first remaining written artifact of the township and the Klastrom Hill, is a German empirical charter (from 1074), which is connected to the victorious battle of Mogyoród on 14 March 1074. In memory of the victory, Ladislaw (later Saint Ladislaw king) founded a Benediction abbey on Klastrom Hill.
Ladislaw had a church and a monastery build for the Benediction. Under the Turkish regime, the monastery started to rapidly destruct. There is a memorial from 1725, stating: “Erstwhile, there stood a monastery and an abbey, and their remains can still be found beyond the borders of the village, on the top of the hill.” Between 1747 and 1749, a new parish and today’s Saint Michael Church were built, and the ancient Benediction church’s and monastery’s stones were used.
Today, the Klastrom Hill is almost completely populated. In the one-time abbey’s place stands a park and a memorial. The stone cross standing here is surrounded by an ironwork fence, which was supposed to imply the township’s cornfloor. Many people come to rest and pray in peace on the benches here. A memorial tablet can be found on the square, which was placed her for the 900th anniversary of the Battle of Mogyoród in 1974.A téren található egy emléktábla, melyet 1974-ben a mogyoródi csata 900. évfordulójára helyeztek el a parkban.
Sebestyén Zoltán wood-carver created a headboard in honour of Saint Ladislaw, indicating the historical events that took place, the king and his glorious battle. Families living in the area, regularly take care of the park here, which is called Saint Ladislaw Square today. Consequently to Máthé György parish priest’s initiation, the square has been the location of the local small Saint’s day for 25 years and is now a station of the Saint Ladislaw educational path.
MEGKÖZELÍTÉS: Szent László tér (Klastromdomb): Kiss Ernő utca
Versenyképes Közép-Magyarország Operatív Program (VEKOP) 188.8.131.52-2017-00007 sz. projekt „Gyalogszerrel felfedezni a Budapest környéki hegységek és a Gödöllői-Dombság turisztikai termékkínálatát. „
Konzorciumvezető: Magyar Természetjáró Szövetség
Konzorciumi tagok: Pilisi Parkerdő Zrt, Mogyoród Nagyközség Önkormányzata
Ez a honlap sütiket használ. A sütik elfogadásával kényelmesebbé teheti a böngészést. A honlap további használatával hozzájárulását adja a sütik használatához. ElfogadomElutasítomBővebben